Doraemon: Nobita's Dinosaur 2006: anime review

March 28, 2008





Title: Doraemon: Nobita's Dinosaur 2006
Genre: sci-fi, fantasy, drama
Released date: March 4, 2006
Running Time: 120 minutes
Director:Ayumu Watanabe
Comment: I’d known Doraemon for as long as I could remember. He was big part of my childhood as a friend, escape and inspiration. The Doraemon movies were made every year since 1980 and I loved them all. Doraemon: Nobita's Dinosaur 2006 was actually a remake of the first movie. It follwed Nobita, Doraemon and friends on their quest to bring Pesuke the dinosaur home and save it from the hunters. What I like most about this movie was that the director knew that he was remaking one of the most loved Doraemon films. This version followed the original very closely and was able to preserved the magic of the Doraemon franchise. There were some good changes made in this remake. The most obvious was the animation which was lively, colorful and, thankfully, was in beautiful 2D not in lifeless 3D. The scene in which Nobita and friends flew across great ancient landscape was simply breathtaking. I felt like I’d just walked out from some dark basement into the open field with cool breeze and sunny sky. The houses and the neighborhood in the movie had more modern looks. Environmentalism was also added to the movie in the scene showing the villain’s ship left its waste and fuel on the ground causing contamination. There were also a few things I didn’t like about this movie. The joke about Giant’s singing that attracted the T-Rex was missing. The ending sequence, though visually stunning, was somewhat incoherent and confusing.

The original movie could not be outdone but this remake cleverly kept most of the good parts from the original and successfully breathed new life into the franchise with refreshing animation and many nice new additions. This new Doraemon was still the old friend I’d known and loved for so long and it was always good to see him again.
Rating: B+

0 comments:

About This Blog

As the name implied, this blog is my personal review of animes I've seen. The anime reviews were not posted in order of my viewing or the animes' release dates but rather randomly so you may need to use the labels to find the anime you're interested in. Your replies are welcome.

Rating description

A+: My personal favorite, Best anime
A: Excellent, a must see for all anime fans
B+: Very good, highly recommended
B: Good, recommended with reservation
C+: Fair, you might like it
C: Mediocre, give it a try if you are totally free
D+: Poor, don't waste your time
D: Bad, stay away from it!
F: Worst anime, it will ruin your life!
Please do not copy text or images from this blog without my permission. If you think that any content from my post belongs to you, please tell me and I will happily consider removing it. Thanks

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP